Wednesday, April 10, 2013

1502 LINE FROM GPC



Enrique Sanchez acts like he has a lot to prove. As the president of a small cigar company he is trying hard to build a reputation and under his vision at Global Premium Cigars the 1502 line has launched to rave reviews. The idea is simple, so much so that you would think that someone would have done it earlier. The line, named after the year Columbus discovered Nicaragua, divides into three different categories, each named after something precious, each building on the other.

Many smokers start the day with their mildest cigar and build in strength as the day goes on. The Emerald line from 1502 is their mildest, and I can attest that it is a great morning smoke. The Ruby, my favorite, is stronger. Each cigar starts where the other left off in strength and complexity and builds upon it. Neat huh?

I have tried two Emeralds and two Ruby's, and today I want to focus on the Ruby. It had few veins, a beautiful chocolate wrapper and a great draw. The first puff was stronger than I expected. It was as if the stick was commanding my attention before easing off into rich tobacco and after tones of roasted cashews.

The wrapper seamed a bit fragile, cracking on one stick, but other than that I had no problems. It produced an amazing volume of smoke and the ash hangs on a very long time.

At the midpoint it gained steam, building in rich flavor and complexity, ending in a very full, rewarding finish. This cigar evolved as it went on, delivering flavor all the way through. I found myself relaxing on the front porch, waiting for the next act out of this cigar, and enjoying each transition of flavor that unfolded.

Yeah, Enrique Sanchez may act like he has a lot to prove, but he doesn't have to prove it to me. I'm sold.

I liked this smoke a lot, and recommend it heartily. This is one Helluva Cigar!

Construction. 4.4
Draw. 4.7
Ash/Burn. 4.7
Smoke. 4.8
Flavor. 4.6
Value. 4.6

Overall. 4.6




No comments:

Post a Comment